Kindle for Windows 8 is an application that allows users to download, read and annotate books from your local or online Kindle library. This software can be used in both computers and tablets, and syncs your reading - along with bookmarks, notes and highlights - with your Kindle device, thanks to its Whispersync functionality. This option will make it possible for you to pick up your reading just where you left off.
It can be used in both computers and tablets, and syncs your reading with your Kindle device
This new version of the app provides in-book navigation capabilities, a redesigned home screen, new filtering possibilities when doing searches, and enhanced menus for Notes and Bookmarks. Kindle for Windows 8 includes a live tile that displays on the Start screen the book you are currently reading. Also, you can track your progress with an orange indicator which shows the book percentage you have read so far.
How to use this reader
While reading, you will be able to choose whether you want black text on a white background, white text on a black background, or sepia. Similarly, you can change the font style and size so it suits your needs. Besides this, you will find status and page number at the bottom of each page. Kindle for Windows 8 allows the borrowing of books from its local library and reading free best sellers such as Pride & Prejudice. Once you have several titles, you can get them organized into collections or lists to identify them better and also pin your favorite ones.
Its redesigned interface now has a Windows 8 style, so you can swipe from one side to another to have access to all the books you may find in the cloud. Tap on the icon of the book you chose and you will be able to download it. However, this reader has received some critics as users still do not have the option of buying books directly from the application because the store has not been integrated yet, and thus users need to buy online.
Kindle for Windows 8 126.96.36.199 Features
The unique features of Kindle for Windows 8 are the following:
- It does not require a Kindle device to run the application
- Whispersync technology to automatically sync across devices your furthest page read, so you can start reading exactly where you left off
- Possibility of getting your eBooks organized into different categories or collections
- Borrow books from the built-in library or read free ones
- Customize your reading environment: Change font or margin size, select column number, or adapt background color
- Search Charm functionality to look for ebooks in Kindle Store or in your local library
- You can track your reading progress with an indicator that shows how much of the book you have already read
- Web-based dictionary to look for words’ definition (only for English-language books)
- Possibility of bookmarking and highlighting text or taking notes
- Share Charm allows sharing content online with other users
- Saves favorites to provide direct and faster access to them with Pin Favorites
If you want to get more information about this eBook reader before you download it, feel free to visit the developer’s site.
These are the minimum system requirements for the download and setup of Kindle for Windows 8 to your computer:
- Operating System: Windows 8
- Processor: 1GHz
- RAM Memory: 1GB
- HDD: 16GB