Previously known as Picture Motion Browse, PlayMemories is a solution for all picture lovers who wants to organize, edit and manage their memories from just one location. Developed by Sony, the software works with the newest Sony cameras and smartphones, synchronizing all the information from your devices to give you constant access to it and the ability to organize it. Checking your photos on any device with an Internet connection was never so easy.
Edit your pictures with different tools and effects, and organize them in personalized albums, or share them with family and friends through the most important social networks. The program is developed in four versions: PlayMemories Home, PlayMemories Online, PlayMemories Mobile, and PlayMemories Studio for PlayStation 3 capabilities; and it can be downloaded for a one-month free trial version.
How to use
Just install PlayMemories on your computer and plug in your Sony Camera through a USB port. The pictures will be easily downloaded and organized on a calendar and on a map so you can check when and where were taken. Thanks to the online version, they can also be displayed on your Sony tablets and smartphones.
Checking your photos on any device with an Internet connection was never so easy
Using the intuitive editing tools, you can retouch your photos, or even add special effects to improve them. Cut, resize, change color, brightness or contrast—all these changes can be easily applied. The video editor let you cut and mix different scenes, even on PlayStation 3, using PlayMemories Studio. This program let you work with your videos from the Sony console as if it was a video game (even 3d videos). All videos and photos can be shared and carried everywhere on PSP and PS Vita.
The newest version of the program let you work with other camera brands, but obviously PlayMemories is designed to be used with Sony devices. Depending on your Sony camera’s model, you may be able to enjoy even more of the features the program offers. Available on the official PlayMemories website, there are numerous free plug-ins to install straight onto your camera, to allow you to use your cellphone as your camera’s remote control, capture the movement, picture editing, and more.
PlayMemories 3.0.21 Features
The following are the newest features of PlayMemories:
- Manage your pictures and organize them in a calendar
- Retouch your photos with intuitive editing tools
- Share your pictures and videos online, or make a backup on CD, DVD or Blu-ray Disc
- Multiple applications for your camera to download
- Interact with PlayStation 3 to add effects or sounds, or edit your videos
- Share your pictures with your cellphone, and share them online
Check your camera model to be sure it is compatible with some of the features.
For more information about Sony PlayMemories before the download, check the developers’ website .
Before download, please check your computer fits the minimum system requirements:
- Operating system: Windows XP with Service Pack 3 installed
- Processor: Intel Pentium III 1GHz or higher for video editing
- RAM: a minimum of 512 MB
- Graphic card: 1024x768
- Hard Disk Space: at least 500 MB free HDD space
- DirectX 9.0c
- IMAPI v2.0 (for writing to disc on Windows XP)
- USB terminals for camera plug-in
- Multiple device connection
- Intuitive use
- Nice technical assistance for plug-ins and updates
- All services in one product
- Obviously, it’s only fully operational with Sony cameras