Norton Internet Security 2014 is a security suite especially devoted to online protection. Its philosophy is that wherever you go online, you go safely. This software will work to offer you secure surfing, shopping and banking experiences, and will warn you when it knows about phishing, social media scams or finds malicious elements. This antivirus offers a real-time protection against trojans, worms, rootkits, spyware and viruses that may infect your computer, thanks to its robust scanning engine and its regularly up-to-date virus database.
Safe Web for Facebook will analyze your account looking for suspicious links
Insight, Download Insight, Scam Insight and IP Address Insight functionality will perform a combined effort to protect you against files and applications that have been identified as dangerous or to prevent you from visiting low reputation sites. Safe Web will warn you about the security of a webpage, and Safe Web for Facebook will analyze your account looking for suspicious links. In case you want to block some of these pages because they are dangerous or just because they are inappropriate, then you can use Parental Control tool.
Also, Norton Internet Security 2014 has a Spam Blocking feature that will keep your mailbox free of undesired emails. Moreover, the Intelligent two-way Firewall of this antivirus will analyze not only the data and information that comes in, but also what goes out. With Identity Safe on, Norton Internet Security 2014 will remember and enter your usernames and passwords when needed, so they do not get lost or stolen. In the event your computer gets seriously infected, this antivirus gives you two options: using Norton Power Eraser for the removal of a deeply rooted virus or directly choosing Norton Bootable Recovery Tool to create a rescue CD, DVD, or USB.
One of the greatest points of Norton Internet Security 2014 is that it has a easy-to-use interface. The main page will display the security status of your computer, along with some details such as the last scan date or the Trust Level percentage of your system. There you will have direct access to the most important functions, including the scanner. You can decide whether you want a Quick, Full or Custom scan process and which items you want to include or exclude. Above these main icons, you will see different tabs (Settings, Performance, Feeback, Account and Support), that will take you to more advanced features you can customize according to your preferences. The green color will mean they are activated, while red will mean they are disabled.
Norton Internet Security 2014 offers three different types of protection: Computer, Network and Web. Each one has its own fields that you can enable or disable just by clicking its On/Off button. In addition, you will be provided a report each time you perform a scan whose results will contribute to your computer's statistics which you can check using Norton Insight. You can also see performance graphs using the Perfomance tab.
Norton Internet Security 2014 220.127.116.11 Features
The unique features of Norton Internet Security 2014 are as follows:
- Identification of dangerous files and applications thanks to Insight functionality and analysis of unknown content with Insight + Optimized File Copy
- Database of virus definitions is automatically updated every 5 to 15 minutes through Norton Pulse tool
- Spam Blocking to keep your email inbox free of unwanted and fraudulent emails
- Download Insight and IP Address Insight features work to avoid you download files that belong to low reputation webpages, previously analyzed by Scam Insight
- Parental Control to restrict and block access to inappropriate webpages
- Passwords and usernames will be remembered and automatically entered online by Identity Safe, so nobody can steal them
- Norton Power Eraser eliminates hard-to-remove infections
- Safe Web warns you is a site you want to visit is secure or not
- Safe Web for Facebook performs a scanning of your account's Wall and News Feed, looking for suspicious URLs
- Intelligent 2-way Firewall to detect which is data coming in and which is going out
- Networking mapping and monitoring displays all the devices connected to your network, so you can clearly see if there are any uninvited visitors
- Norton Bootable Recovery Tool will create a rescue CD, DVD, or USB that will allow your PC to run when it is badly infected
- Startup manager to free up computer's memory and Defrag tool to fix common problems
- Norton Management allows you to have access to all cloud-based Norton security utilities
If you want to read more information about this software before getting it, you can visit the developer's site.
The minimum system requirements of Norton Internet Security 2014 are listed below:
- Operating System: Windows XP or further
- Processor: 300 Mhz or faster
- RAM Memory: 256 MB
- HDD: 300 MB