Norton AntiVirus 2014 is a security suite devoted to proactively protect your system from any malicious element, identity theft or social media scam. All this protection will be granted by SONAR technology, which identifies threats by analyzing applications’ behavior, automatically blocking them to prevent them reaching your computer. Threat-removal may depend on whether they are high-certainty or low-certainty ones. The anti-malware scanning engine of Norton AntiVirus 2014 supports three different actions: Quick Scan, Full System Scan, and Custom Scan.
In addition, Norton AntiVirus 2014 also focuses its security efforts in the Internet. It scours webpages and social networks searching for suspicious links, and it warns you if you are about to download a file from a low reputation site or you are visiting a page with phishing intentions. Similarly, it remembers and enters usernames and passwords for you, to avoid them get stolen or lost. Additionally, this program works to keep your mailbox free from fraudulent and undesired messages.
What does this antivirus offer?
Norton AntiVirus 2014 uses different options to provide a complete protection on top of SONAR Technology. When it comes to the Internet, its Download Insight and IP Address Insight features will prevent you from starting the download files from low reputation webpages. This reputation will be reviewed by the Scam Insight functionality. Phishing risk sites are scanned by its Anti-phishing Technology. Also, the Safe Web tool will warn you if a page is not secure before you visit it. With Norton AntiVirus 2014, you can even analyze your Facebook account. This action is performed by Safe Web for Facebook, which scans your Wall and News Feed, searching for malicious links. With Identity Safe, you won’t have to remember the username and password when entering any account details on a website, it will automatically remember them and enter it so they do not get lost or stolen.
This program receives virus definitions updates every 5 to 15 minutes
Norton AntiVirus 2014 offers network mapping and monitoring, which shows the devices connected to your network. This way, you will be able to spot uninvited people who are using your connection as if it was free. With Norton Pulse, this program receives virus definition updates every 5 to 15 minutes. However, in the unfortunate event your PC gets infected by one of the nastiest and hard-to-remove viruses, you have two options: use Norton Power Eraser, or create a rescue CD, DVD or USB with Norton Bootable Recovery Tool, just in case the situation gets worse.
Norton AntiVirus 2014 2014 21.1.10 Features
The unique features of Norton AntiVirus 2014 are as follows:
- 1. SONAR (Symantec Online Network for Advanced Response) Behavioral Protection
- 2. Insight identifies dangerous files and applications thanks to the feedback of Norton’s users community
- 3. Identity Safe option remembers and automatically enters usernames and passwords
- 4. Anti-phishing Technology to block sites oriented to steal your personal information
- 5. Safe Web warns you if a site you are visiting is not safe and Safe Web for Facebook scans your account
- 6. Scam Insight, Download Insight and IP Address Insight to widen security in the Internet environment
- 7. Regular updates of virus definitions thanks to Norton Pulse
- 8. Norton Power Eraser focuses on difficult-to-remove or embedded infections
- 9. Norton Bootable Recovery Tool carries out the creation of a rescue CD, DVD or USB in case there is an emergency
- 10. Built-in intelligence aimed to maximize battery life
- 11. Norton Management provides quick access Norton cloud-based services
If you want to read more information about this software, feel free to visit the developer’s site.
The minimum system requirements to install Norton AntiVirus 2014 are listed below:
- Operating System: Windows XP or newer
- Processor: 300 MHz or faster CPU
- RAM Memory: 256 MB
- HDD: 300 MB of space available